Saturday, May 9, 2015

Final Post (for Genius Hour 2015 at least).

*I'm sorry to my readers coming here for my countdowns or whatever you want to call them but this post is almost purely for school, for more info go look at the last paragraph.

1. What was your favorite part of the topic you chose?

My favorite part of it was the overall fact that I learned things that I myself didn't even know going into this and having it spark an even bigger interest in me.



2. What was your least favorite part of the topic you chose?



How when I tried to talk to people not involved in the project or nonbelievers they just shrugged me off and listened to nothing I had to say. (It may also be why a few people I know haven't been talking to me, its not people from school don't worry.) And at times I only had so much information to go off of since not everyone calls some of the things I've written about the same as the next person (e.g. The Chair of Death goes by like 20 different names)


3. What do you like best about Genius Hour research?

I was able to find people who believe the same things as me and on most of the things i only needed a couple sites to get a very decent sized entry and enough information (e.g. The story for the doll Annabelle.) And unlike others who started to hate they're topics after the second post I'm still extremely interested in mine.



4. What do you like least about Genius Hour research?


It got very annoying at points because some of the sites i tried to use differed so greatly from the stories on other source sites i had to drop the part that i waned to do, other times the sites didn't provide adequate information, and sometimes they were just stupid troll sites. (On a couple of my entries it was near impossible to get them completed because of certain family members, who shall not be named [*cough* Greg *cough*], not letting me have my computer back and the above stated reasons. )



5. What was the most important thing you learned about yourself, how you learn, or research in general as a result of this work?


I learned that i am more easily distracted than i originally thought, and that i learn in a very roundabout way, because if something doesn't interest me the second i look at it i flit away from it then if i hear something interesting about it ill jump at the chance to read up on it more. Its also easier for me to read about things rater than watch a video on it because i can pretty much guarantee that if i only have words playing on a video presenting itself to me, instead of me actually putting all of my attention into reading it, my mind will drift and i will lose interest almost immediately. 



So now time for my end bit; I will most likely to update this blog except, it will only be when I have free time, it may become a bit more rambley (that's not a word but I used it so it is now), it will be for my enjoyment only, and a few entries will probably veer from my original topic, but main thing is that updates will be more random, and less common during my school year than during my summer but even then they will probably still be random updates, and far in-between so please if you're going to follow this blog or continue looking at it don't complain because I'll just direct you to this post, because people on the internets do have other things to do, and have lives going on around them like new people moving into their home or owning five rather large dogs. So until next time, (whenever that may be) Buh-Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment